Thursday, June 14, 2012

Bubble Braids

Ok, so this is highly irregular.  Not only is this creature umm.. how to put this delicately.. Normal. But this post will also attempt to be.. hmm.. Helpful?
Step one.. HACK PONEH!!!!

Step 2.. rebuild destruction half of face etc.. Step 3 Pictured.. give poneh tiny mowhak  noodle
Step 4 carefully subdivide mane into braid sized chunks.  I like to leave the first and the last a wee bit smaller  cause they usually are.  A good way to decide the length of the bridle path is to use the length of his ear.
Step 5 Ok I totally failed to get better photos of this BUT spooge and schlooze apoxie around to give the impression of hair being pulled into a braid.  Allow to dry. 
Wait canucky... WAIT let it dry?? those aren't braids they are lego bricks of swiftly drying schemered hair with little random indents.  Don't worry!  This makes total sense I promise.. well it does to me anyway.. which likely isn't the best advertisement.
Now, before you get going again.  Think carefully.  Which direction do you work in. This is important to know as it will save you a ton of frustration.  I'm a righty, and work best running left to right - same as I would write right!  So! I need to be sure I start on the braid all the way to the left otherwise I will simply screw up the braids that my large hands will squish in the effort to sculpt the neighbour.

Step.. whatever..  Tuck balls of apoxie into the space you left for em. I splork these on to show the steps it reads right to left.  Silly after I just yapped on about working in such and such a direction but annnnyways.  No apoxie, small ball of apoxie that I've started to shape, starting the braid design and pretty much done.  Remember to give the braids the tucked under look 


Shadows are being trixxy but you can see where this mess ended up.  TADA braided poneh

3 comments:

  1. That is really cool Shauna!!!! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does it make sense Lindsay? It really isn't a difficult project if the horse has a neck still..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They look just like the braids I used to do a 4AM for dressage shows! Very nice!

      Shauna, I cannot seem to find a direct email for you--I have a couple of very detailed but unfinished stablemate scale hippogryphs here--mother and foal--mom made on a Native Dancer. The person who sold them to me cannot remember who made them, and I'd love to know if it was you, and send you a photo. You can reach me at erappleyea@optonline.net
      Beth Rappleyea
      WAIT--I'll add the foal as my profile photo

      Delete